Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Happy Birthday Bro

 Dear Brother,

You were born twenty-two years ago on this day. You share a birthday with Brigitte Bardot, Dita Von Teese, Gwyneth Paltrow, and Hilary Duff.  And twenty-two years ago today residents of the D.C. area dealt with any overwhelming infestation of large black field crickets.

Lovely women and lucky (or annoying) crickets aside, September 28th, 1988 forever changed my life. I went from sole possessor of parental attention to having to share. It was bitter, but it was sweet.

So today I decided to help you celebrate by breaking into your car (er... inherited minivan). It's okay, I didn't actually break in - I had a key. I gave you a Mr. Roger's themed card, munchies (you're student-teaching and you are definitely wasting away), and a Mickey Mouse balloon.

Here's to the next twenty-two years.

XOXO!

Love,
Yer Big Sis

No comments:

Post a Comment